Earlier our comment on Anwars Alledged Sodomy
Nothing is unimaginable in Malaysia. Can they think of a more Original Approach..Creativity..Same story…? Anwars alledged sodomy has hit and galvanised the whole country even better than the 78cents fuel hike and the Altantuya case. Why..? Just as Anwar was getting the momentum going in his quest to enter the “castle” as we call it one of the arrows pointed was unleashed and instead of hitting the heart,it open a flesh wound.” see our story on the 18th of June 2008 https://audie61.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/serious-blow-to-pm-malaysiakini/
Now…Anwar has gone to Turkish Embassy for refuge..Copied in full from Malaysiakini for all to read.
PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim, who said he feared for his life, has sought refuge at the Turkish embassy in Kuala Lumpur this morning.
He went to the embassy at 6am and according to PKR vice-president, he would be there “indefinitely”.
The following is his full statement released at 5.30pm:
I am issuing this statement from within the embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Kuala Lumpur.
I was transported to the embassy earlier this morning fearing that my personal safety was in danger. I thank all those who offered to assist me in this time of need and am grateful to the Turkish ambassador for extending an invitation to seek refuge within the embassy.
Since the March 8 elections, numerous credible sources from within the government and military intelligence have advised me that certain agents from within Barisan Nasional leadership have initiated plots to cause harm to me or my family or my supporters.
I have been told that my assassination has not been ruled out as means to subvert the people’s will and bring an end to the transformational changes taking place in Malaysia.
Notwithstanding the threats which are intended to silence my voice, I intend make public new evidence implicating that the inspector-general of police Musa Hassan and attorney-general A Gani Patail engaged in criminal acts of fabricating evidence in cases launched against me in 1998.
The allegations that have been made against me on Saturday are nothing more than a replay of the events which transpired in 1998 when I was sacked from the office of the deputy prime minister, jailed and beaten, and then charged and convicted by a kangaroo court for crimes which I never committed.
This charade was orchestrated by a corrupt Barisan Nasional leadership which made use of the entire apparatus of the state power including its control of the judiciary, the police force, and its grip on the mainstream media.
These actions are being repeated today to undermine the forces of reform and renewal which were unleashed in the March 2008 elections.
I would like to assure my family, friends and supporters in Malaysia that I am safe and remain committed as ever before to continuing the struggle for a free and just Malaysia.