Sarawak was abuzz with different news filtering through that there would be a major cabinet reshuffle when CM meets the press today at the 22nd Floor. Names as usual were thrown into the “hat” and some were even lobbying through their proxies/parties. Did we not tell you that on May 15th 2008 we wrote,”A former personal aide of the CM mentioned to me once that the CM will go through the lists at least 7 times and will only disclose the names on the day of announcement. It is pointless to speculate on “CM’s Team” in the cabinet re-shuffle. After all it’s the Chief Minister’s exclusive privilege on the Cabinet lineup.
We have written on numerous occasions and some of them have already been appointed:- 1.https://audie61.wordpress.com/2008/05/15/sarawak-cabinet-re-shuffle-new-blood/ 2.https://audie61.wordpress.com/2009/04/08/next-pleasereshuffle-in-sarawak-cabinet/
He knows that there are others who are lobbying to be considered in the largest Sarawak constituency of Hulu Rejang. Names are also surfacing from the BN coalition and also present independant YB for Pelagus George Lagong is also considering to join the fold.
We wrote earlier on this subject which is “PRU 13 Kuasa Rakyat..!!”and this is an extraction which he mentioned very clearly,”Today 22/8/11 he said “he was aware of a move by a small group in Kapit to come up with their own candidate to replace him.I am not stealing the seat from anybody but instead some peole are trying to steal it away from me” It seems the MP from Hulu Rejang is saying,”Come take it away from me,I am more than capable still to stand and defend the seat.“
The new Sarawak Cabinet line up of new faces of assistant minister knows what it is like to be overlooked and also to serve without much fanfare but staying LOYAL and their time is now. A senior media man said,’ Clearly the CM has fixed his eyes on the next GE13 and the appointment of the following listed would be an extra help to assist the BN Parliamentarians.
The new assistant ministers are Julaihi Narawi, Abdul Karim Hamzah, Len Talif Salleh,Robert Lawson Chuat Vincent all from PBB,Rosey Yunus (SPDP) ,Dr Jerip Susil (SUPP) and Liwan Lagang (PRS).
The ministries they will serve are as follows:-
- 1.Julaihi will be appointed as Industrial Development Assistant Minister (Investment and Promotion) and Rural Development Assistant Minister.
- 2. Abdul Karim as Housing Assistant Minister and Social Development Assistant Minister (Youth Development).
- 3.Len Talif will be appointed as Resource Planning and Environment Assistant Minister (Environment) and Assistant Minister in the Chief Minister’s Office (Technical Education Promotion
- 4.Robert Lawson Chuat Vincent will be appointed as Welfare, Women and Family Development Assitant Minister.
- 5.Rosey Yunus will be appointed as Welfare, Women and Family Development Assitant Minister
- 6.Dr Jerip Susil as Local Government and Community Development Assistant Minister (Public Health).
- 7. Liwan Lagang as Social Development Assistant Minister (Culture and Heritage)
The new faces are ready but it was indeed a pleasant surprise,divine meet up and also exchange pleasantries with some familiar faces. A well known blogger and he said all our “YBs will work hard to ensure a resounding success for the coalition.”
The feel good factor is surely being raised to move the troops ahead in preparation for a big battle and this one will take no prisoners. Sarawak New Assistant Ministers would be in the thick of action together with this versatile blogger.