BN Rejects Direct Candidate

The doors are slowly closing on Larry Sng as he fights for his political lifeline. According to our source the BN Supreme Council has put their foot down and has rejected “outright Larry’s application to stand as a direct BN candidate.It was unanimously agreed.

It seems that there are only four options available for Larry.

  • 1. He will have to stand as INDEPENDANT.If he wins joins any of the BN component parties like others before him.
  •  2. He will need to join any other 2 other component party and hope that they FIND him a seat. PBB is a distant dream for Larry unless they make an “option” which is very unlikely.
  • 3. Go back and “kowtow” to James Masing and PRS hoping he will be accepted back in the spirit of BN.
  • 4.Leave BN and join Parti Keadilan Rakyat.

An informed source even went as far as saying he does have a Fairy God-Mother who will make sure there is a seat available for him. It’s a decision Larry will need to make and as far as his political lifelife is concerned he himself knows bests.

Full report:- Published in Borneo Posts 13th February 2011

End of saga

 

BN Supreme Council Meeting has decided not to accept partyless Larry Sng as BN direct candidate

LARRY SNG

KUCHING:  The political saga surrounding partyless Larry Sng has taken a new twist – he is not accepted as Barisan Nasional (BN) direct candidate to defend the Pelagus seat in the coming state election.

According to an inside source, the decision was made during Friday’s BN Supreme Council meeting in Kuala Lumpur chaired by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, and attended by all BN component parties.

The source said the decision was made based on a provision in BN that “any party member who has been sacked cannot enter through the back door.”

All leaders of the four state BN component parties were present during the meeting with Najib, including Chief Minister Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud, who is also state BN chairman.

“The decision not to accept him (Sng) was unanimous and his case was not even debated by all the BN component parties,” said the source.

Sng has been partyless since 2008 after he was sacked by Parti Rakyat Sarawak (PRS) for insubordination.

BN Supreme Council Meeting has decided not to accept partyless Larry Sng as BN direct  candidate.

However, he is now holding three portfolios in the state cabinet – Assistant Minister in the Chief Minister’s Office, Assistant Minister of Youth Affairs and Training of Youth, and Assistant Industrial Development Minister (Training).

Sng, however, could not be reached for comments yesterday.

The 31-year-old, who made headlines in 2001 as the state’s youngest assemblyman, had said previously he would leave it to the BN top leadership to decide his political future.

There were also speculations that he could be accepted into Sarawak United Peoples’ Party (SUPP) or Sarawak Progressive Democratic Party (SPDP) to be fielded in either Meradong or Meluan.

However, both SUPP president Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Dr George Chan and SPDP president Dato Sri William Mawan have downplayed such suggestions.

//

Advertisements