**** UPDATED 12.06am **** Parti Rakyat Sarawak president Datuk James Masing said Abdullah’s decision not to defend his position in Umno and to retire as Prime Minister in March “is a brave and wise decision which Umno and Malaysians must appreciate.”“It means he puts the nation’s welfare first.It is a rare trait among third world leaders.”
Our correspondent Natasha wrote,”Prime Minister Of Malaysia-decides” two days ago and she said this involves not only UMNO but Malaysia as a whole. How very true and PMs press conference which lasted for about 25 minutes in Malaysiakini http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/90921 among others which was put forward was:-
- What do you feel about stepping down?
- Will you be stepping down as prime Minister?
- Who is your successor?
- What do you feel about being forced out?
- But you have been forced out earlier than plannned? Is this your final decision?
- Do you feel sorry that you have liberalised a lot of policies and that they have come back to haunt you?
- Do the other BN component parties accept Najib as the New Prime Minister?
- If there are those who want to nominate you(to defend the party post)despite your decision not to defend your post,would you accept it?
- Will you pick a deputy for Najib?
- You have just announced your reform agenda,will you consider abolishing the Internal Security Act and form the Police Complaints and Misconduct Commission before you step down?
- Regarding your intention to strenghten the Anti-Corruption Agency and the setting up of the special judicial appointment commission,do you think you will face any obstructions?
Exactly 11 questions and it has been preplanned questions it seems as its interrelated to one another and too smooth for the PM . Something is really “COOKING IN THE POT“. What Natasha said 2 days ago was If Abdullah decides to let go of the Prime Ministership of the country the happiest person would be Tun Mahathir. Over the 5 years he has been at Abdullah’s back eventhough he anointed Abdullah over Najib in 2003.
In an immediate interview Mahathir was quoted ,” I am happy for Umno as the party can be rebuilt,” he said when reporters met him at the Perdana Leadership Foundation.When further pressed by the reporters,”Asked what he thought Abdullah should do between now and March next year, Dr Mahathir said: “Shut up.” Natasha said that Mahathir and Abdullah and their “OLD WOUNDS” are not healed just yet. This will affect Najib as in POLITICS AN HOUR OR EVEN ONE DAY is a long time what about FIVE MONTHS..?
Abdullah must have said this which has made Mahathirs heart miss more than a beat,” People always have the idea that the manifesto was meant specifically for the five years I would be in power but the manifesto is something that spells out many things which I believe were different from what (Dr) Mahathir (Mohamad) was doing before.Some would be the same, some would be different strategies because I was thinking ahead of the year 2020.
I know I would not be around until the year 2020. If I am still around I would more than 80 years old and nobody would want an 80-year-old man hanging around. Surely we would have the younger people ready to lead the party.
Is this the prelude to what is going to happen come March in the UMNO AGM? Is this all about Mukhriz Mahathir against Khairy Jamaluddin who Mahathir took pot shots by saying Khairy would employ undemocratic methods to ensure his victory. This statement by PM”I will not stand for the presidency of Umno in the coming elections. My current term as Umno president ends in March next year,” He has decided as Prime Minister of Malaysia and we know many leaders have used this line before Abdullah. They know who they are and I need not elaborate. Hmmmm..
As a political analysts cleverly said,” The turbulence in the AIR has subsided and the captain and the copilot will steer it smoothly before descending.”