When Athi Veerangan wrote this report http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/87587 and in his first paragraph he had this “Permatang Pauh by-election is shaping up to be what many have been anticipating.” I couldn’t have agreed more. We know BN and Pakatan will be “shelling”each other with heavy mortars and incessant attacks from all angles. The Big Guns of Pakatan and BN will save the bests for the “ceramahs” after Nomination day on the 16th. We were made to understand that all BN and Pakatan political parties will have make their presence felt this Saturday.
What MCA Youth Chief Liow and PKR Vice president Dr.Lee said are just the” APPETIZERS “
Liow called and lambasted Anwar the PKR candidate
- “Double faced and split-tongued” politician
- Stirring up Racial sentiments
- Jeopardising the multi-racial harmony
- PKR and Anwar splitting Malaysians on communal lines to garner votes
- Anwar for calling BN a coalition that lived and thrived on racial politics
Dr.Lee lashed back, counter-accusing Liow of ‘slanderous falsehoods’.
- Liow has not followed Anwars electoral campaigns and speeches across the country
- Anwar spelt equality on religious freedom, justice, business and education opportunities
Not to be outdone and having a go at Liow was PKR Penang Committee Member Lim Boo Chang,who is a former MCA and Gerakan leader who accused the MCA leader of carrying out a character assassination campaign.
Lim said Malaysians had for the first time put aside their racial differences in the March general elections and voted in candidates from the Pakatan Rakyat because “they believe the Anwar-led coalition could deliver equality, freedom and justice to all.”
Liow said BN had always worked for the interests, rights and benefits of all Malaysians based on multi-racial concepts. We say the voters will have the final say at the ballot boxes on August 26th and for now let the drums roll loud and clear………..