On July 20th I wrote Anwars”Best friend” is PM Abdullah. In the aftermath of the much publicised “Anwar to be charged for sodomy” and under the watchful eyes of the international media in the Malaysiakini portal the report http://www1.malaysiakini.com/news/87400 Anwar questioned:”If consensual,why charge me only.?”
We will be taking a different political viewpoint of events that has happened instead of going along with Anwar having a go at the Prime Minister. Do you feel the tremor of anger from Anwar when he said “This is dirty politics of a man who is set to lose his power,” referring to Abdullah. I didn’t, and why should you too..? Believe Me,buddies Abdullah and Anwar are and some of the reasons listed will just lift some clouds of uncertainty hanging over our heads.
- Both are Penangnites and there is a certain bond and respect between the two of them and their families politics aside.(not a conspiracy haha)
- Badawi had to pursue the sodomy charge as from within UMNO he is under serious threat from the old Mahathir regime.
- He stopped the IGP and AG to be involved as both of them were very instrumental in 1998.
- All investigations on this new case should not be referred to both of them.
- UMNO infighting has got so bad in divisional level that Abdullah needs Anwar more.
- Why the Election Commission fixed the date for polling on August 26th and not after September 16th. Strange don’t you think? All along Anwar has been talking about a new government.
- Permatang Pauh is after all Penang and its also home turf for both of them. Who is leading the BN charge though? Najib.. right if he does badly there will be reprisals from within UMNO.
Abdullah is a cut above all this as he has all the trump cards to dismiss,IGP,AG,DPM and all the cronies with the old system of governance. He has nothing to fear with this by-election and his only “FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF.” After all he did let Anwar out and we know the nation is fighting a crisis in terms of inflation,sky rocketing prices,fuel hikes and the lack of confidence in the Federal government. Abdullah’s reforms are slow but they are taking shape but not quick enough for the rakyat.
Abdullah speaks the truth,the whole truth,frankly and boldly and those who belong to the OLD REGIME of Dr.Mahathir are finding it hard to swallow. Malaysia will get through these tough times and it is Abdullah plus (Anwar) who will make Malaysia a strong and prosperous nation again. The nation needs to understand the political scenario of the country where Abdullah’s best friend is still Anwar and vice versa.
Both are in different camps but the dark realities of this political landscape is that there are a lot within the BN who are not in tune and are not acceptable to the facts after the GE of 8th of March. To us a strong representation of an opposition front makes an even “GREATER GOVERNMENT” for the NATION. Anwar in Parliament would be a welcome sight for Abdullah if he still remains after September 16th. Your guess is as good as mine…but Believe me in MALAYSIABOLEHLAND ANWAR and ABDULLAH remains as one true friendship….
Wishing you my friend Anwar.”Happy 61st Birthday on the 10th of August 2008.” From:-Pak Lah,Jeanne and family.