January 9, 2010 6 Comments
The “Allah” controversy in which we wrote earlier on January 4th finally happened with the mindless act of some who decided to act irrationally by “Hurling Firebombs at Church Buildings in Selangor” Some political analysts say there “SHOULD NOT BE ANY HIDDEN AGENDAS..?? “Let the culprits be hauled up by the law and proper punishment be meted out.
Sarawak State leaders have come out with their own statements and these are some :-
- DAP N11 Assemblyman- “I pray all Malaysians use ,good sense and not politics to solve the problems surrounding the Allah controversy.
- PBB N6 Tupong Assemblyman(Assistant Minister of Islamic Affairs)-Advised Muslims in Sarawak not to be influenced by those acts,stressing that any religious conflicts can be resolved in an amicable way.
- PBB P194 Fadillah Yusof-Hopes that the Police would take stern action and keep an eye on anything that may cause disharmony between different ethnic and religious groups.
- PBB P193Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar -There are proper channels to to voice out every problem or issue and the people must have trust in the system.
- PKR Information Chief-See Chee How -Condemn the Act of violence .This is in excusable on those who have taken the law in their own hands.
- PKR East Malaysia Advisor Jeffrey Kitingan- Thinks those pictures will have a devastating effect in the rural heartland of East Malaysia. Jeffrey is also convinced that Chinese voters, not just the Christians, and many God-fearing Muslims as well in East Malaysia will abandon Umno in the next general elections.
National leaders are also united in Condemnation:-
- MCA President “Such a cowardly show of brute force and intimidation and there is neither excuse not justification for them.
- Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim-The attack on the church was a heinous act that was condemned by the Al-Quran
- PBS Marximus Ongkili-We call for level hededness and moderation.We gain nothing by going on the streets or inciting feelings by provoking or attacking religious properties.
- Liberal Party President-called for calm and said the government should not hesitate to invoke ISA against those who treatened peace and security.
- UPKO-Wilfred Bamburing-What has happened over the last 24 hours is constitutedto be the darkest chapter in Malaysian history and from now on Malaysia will never be the same again.
- Gerakan President koh Tsu Koon- had instructednational unity and integration department and Rukun Tetangga officials to help police maintain calm.Such attacks are completedly indefensible,unaccpetable and is clearly against the peaceful spirit of Malaysians as a whole.
- PAS Salahuddin Ayub-”Allah’as stated in the Al-Quran had strongly forbid Muslims from taking action on places of worship belonging to other religions.Prophet Muhammad had also reminded his friends wh went together with him during the war,to not harm or kill enemies who took refuge at places of worship let alone burn down a place of worship.
- MIC President Sammy Vellu- This incident should not have happpened.It is a sad day for the country.We are an independant nation where we respect everyone’s religion and want peace among all religious groups.
- PAS president Abdul Hadi Awang has strongly condemned yesterday’s arson attacks on three churches in the Klang Valley as “un-Islamic”
audie61 and crew are saddened with THESE MINDLESS AND COWARDLY ACTS and Hopes that the persons responsible are hauled up by the AUTHORITIES.